Popular Posts

Friday, March 18, 2011

Humor

The men in my life are very interesting people to say the least.  Each one is unique in his own right.

Each one of my boys have a great sense of humor which has been passed down from their father.  The ability to deal with serious issues and still keep your sense of humor is such a fantastic trait.  I know that is what attracted me to my husband in the beginning.  During times of stress or sadness, there were my boys and husband pulling the funny out of nowhere. 

My oldest grandson passed away at a tender age of 6 months old, which was a great tragedy in our lives.  Although the time was tragic, and we all still carry the loss, my boys used humor to relieve their own pain and to help those who were grieving to get through the minutes, hours and days.  Many looked at this humor as a sign of disrespect of the passing, but to our family, it was the way we dealt with loss. 

Some days when the house is so quiet, I long for the laughter that was once there.  Listening to them recite the memorized lines of old TV sitcoms and movies, or old family mishaps are treasures for sure.  I look forward to the family get togethers so my home can come alive with the laughter

We have gotten through a whole lot of tough times thanks to the men in my life and their sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment