Popular Posts

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The great flood

One Saturday afternoon I was in the kitchen on the telephone talking to a friend. This was the old fashion phone connected to the wall. Suddenly my 15 year old son ran in the house and started yelling mom mom mom come outside and see whats happening. I thought he was just trying to get my attention as kids often do when there parents are on the phone. I ignored him and he ran in again and yelled for me to come out and see what was going on. Again I ignored him until he grabbed my arm and said it was urgent. I ended my call and went calmly outside and looked in the driveway where my car was parked and the windows were rolled down as it was a very hot summer day.

Then I suddenly noticed that my 4 year old son was standing next to the passenger car window with a hose draped over it. The hose was facing inside the front seat of the car.........Oh Yeah....I hurried up and turned off the water and told my son he better get out of my sight or I will murder him. I was so mad, I knew if I started the anger, I would beat the living h___ out of him.

I went over to the car and opened the door, well you know...it was if Moses parted the red sea and it was all over. The water was just flowing from from the opening. Gallons of it! My other boys stood there in shock that I stayed so calm, I really wasn't that calm inside, but I knew if I let it out, I would explode.

It took weeks to get the car dry again. Every time I stepped on the peddles (gas or accelerator) a gush of water would come out.

Well, this really did happen, I mean, I did not explode with anger or beat my child or spank him or even yell at him severely. I just told him to get away from me or they would need to come and arrest me.

We can take control of our emotions during the worst situations, when we need it the most.

I knew from that day forward, I could withstand anything that came my way, good or bad! Well, so far it's played out. I have not committed any felonies yet and my children are all grown up and they are all doing fine. I do however, have a few grey hairs from each of them!

I guess it's all working out ok!!

No comments:

Post a Comment